Please take the time to read through this information before booking your session
Please note that by making a booking you are agreeing to Fit for Longer’s Business Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please refer to the Policy and Terms and Conditions of Business below to help you understand how Fit for Longer operates.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, new procedures have been put in place for massage therapists who fall under the umbrella of ‘close contact services’ in order to help reduce the risk of catching or spreading COVID-19.
Current government guidelines advise that certain procedures such wearing PPE, regular cleaning of equipment and surfaces, airing the treatment room between clients and staggering the arrival and departure of clients is good practice to allow massage therapists to continue to trade safely.
Sports Massage Bookings
Despite many restrictions being eased or lifted current advice from government and massage governing bodies is that we continue to carry out Covid-19 safety procedures such as wearing PPE by both therapists and clients and thoroughly cleaning and airing treatment rooms between clients. The health and safety of my clients is paramount, and these safety, hygiene and cleaning procedures are in place to help ensure my well-being, and the well-being of those I treat.
To make an appointment, you can either call, email or book yourself in online. Appointments are currently either 30 or 60 minutes.
After your appointment is booked, you will receive a confirmation email with your appointment details. If you are a new client, you will also receive a ‘new client consultation form’ in this email, which needs to be fully completed before your appointment.
You will also receive a reminder email 2 days before your appointment. The reminder email will have a COVID-19 screening form on it which needs to be read, signed and submitted before your appointment. Please do not complete the COVID-19 form more than 48 hours before your appointment as this will invalidate it. No appointments can take place if these forms are not fully completed and signed.
Before you book in for your massage, please read through the procedures and contraindications below.
- New clients, and those with injuries or health conditions may be required to do a short telephone triage to determine if they can receive treatment. You will need to complete your online consultation form before this triage takes place so I can view your health history.
- Contraindications: Please inform me if you fall into any of the following categories:
– Over 70 years old.
– Currently receiving treatment for cancer.
– Experiencing post COVID-19 circulatory complications (deep vein thrombosis, DVT, stroke symptoms or pulmonary embolism).
– Diagnosed with any heart or respiratory conditions.
– Diagnosed with a suppressed immune system.
– Classified obese (BMI over 39).
– Long term steroid use
– Medically exempt from wearing a face mask/covering.
- 48 hours before your treatment you will receive an email with a COVID-19 pre-treatment screening form. You will need to read, consent to, and submit this form before your appointment. No treatments will be done without the return of this form.
- Payments: all new clients are required to pay for their appointment at least 48 hours before their booking via bank transfer. Regular clients can pay via bank transfer or by cash/card on the day.
- On the day of the booking, please ensure you are still symptom free. If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms on the pre-screening form, contact me ASAP.
- Before you arrive for your appointment please ensure that you:
– Have had a shower and are wearing clean clothes.
– Have brought plenty of water with you.
– Have your own facial covering (you will be charged £1 if provided with a mask).
- Please leave all unnecessary items either at home or in your car.
- Make your way up to my room inside Body Care and I will take your temperature at my entrance door.
- There is a QR code on the entrance door to my room. It is mandatory that all businesses have a QR code but it is not mandatory that you scan in. However, it is advisable that if you have downloaded the Track & Trace app and wish to register your location, you do so. Your contact details are kept on your consultation form in line with GDPR regulations and by signing your consent form you agree to your details being given to track and trace if required.
New clients are required to pay for their session at least 48 hours in advance via bank transfer. If you are a new client and do not have online banking please contact me to arrange a different payment method. Regular clients can pay for their session via bank transfer or cash/card on the day of the appointment. Please ensure you bring your card or correct amount of cash to the booking if paying on the day.
Cancellations, late arrivals and no show policy
Cancellations: I require a minimum of 24 hours notice for cancellations. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice will be charged at 50% of the full cost. If you have a long-term health condition that may vary at short notice and you have included this on your consultation form please contact me ASAP to discuss your booking.
Late Arrivals: It is important that our agreed appointment time and duration is adhered to as cleaning procedures are in place between each booking which means I am unable to make up the missed time by overrunning. You will still be charged for the full session.
No Shows: If you fail to show up for your appointment and do not contact me before your allotted time you will not be refunded and any further sessions will only be booked once any outstanding no show fees have been paid. All future bookings will need to be paid 48 hours in advance.
Fit for Longer requires the client consent to the processing of their client data and treatment. Your signature on the consent form confirms that you have read and understood our business policy and terms and conditions, and that you:
- Consent to information including medical details being processed for the purposes of treatments as a private client.
- Consent to treatment/exercise session by the therapist/instructor in attendance.
- Consent to having details, which are relevant to the your conditions and for which you are seeking treatment, to be shared with your GP/consultant or your referring medical agency on request.
- Understand that because massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission including COVID-19. All precautions will be put in place to control and reduce the risk of transmission.
All client information and clinical records will be safeguarded by Fit for Longer and remain confidential. Unless required to do so by law, we will not share, sell, or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Consultations and client treatment details will not be discussed with anyone other than the client, unless they have given consent for your information to be shared with a healthcare or fitness professional.
Your data is stored online. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as the law requires.
Fit for Longer strictly abides by and adheres to the GDPR 2018, which sets rules for the processing of personal information. It applies to both manual and computer records.
Clients have the right to access information held about them either electronically or in paper format. Clients who wish to obtain this information will need to contact Fit for Longer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign a Release of Medical Records Form.
Fit for Longer will not diagnose, prescribe medication or suggest medical procedures unless they are qualified to do so. You may be recommended for referral to another health care professional such as a physiotherapist, osteopath or chiropractor or be asked to gain medical clearance from a GP or consultant before any treatment takes place if Fit for Longer feels that you have a health issue or injury that is beyond their scope of expertise, qualifications or knowledge.
Please disclose all health information as requested at the initial consultation and keep Fit for Longer updated and informed of any changes to your health status. This includes; all medical conditions, injuries, allergies, referrals for any investigative procedures and medication you are taking or have been newly prescribed whilst being treated.
Before your session you are required to sign the informed consent and disclaimer forms to confirm that you have read, understand and adhere to the above.