Please take the time to read through this information carefully.
Please note that by making a booking you are agreeing to Fit for Longer’s Business Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please refer to our Policy and Terms and Conditions of Business below to help you understand how we will be operating in the current climate of Covid-19.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic new procedures have been put in place for fitness instructors, personal trainers and massage therapists who come into contact with clients, to help reduce the risk of catching or spreading Covid-19.
Current government guidelines for the above professions stipulate that certain procedures such providing cleaning materials for clients, the wearing of PPE by staff, regular cleaning of equipment and surfaces, staggering arrival and departure times of clients and keeping a safe distance where feasible for a service is good practice and is required by the various governing bodies and insurance companies of the above professions to allow us to continue to trade safely.
For massage therapists who are considered ‘ close contact services’ we must wear mandatory PPE. Currently it is mandatory for massage therapists to wear a visor or goggles and gloves an IIR mask and apron. Clients are required to wear a mask in the premises they visit for close contact services and this must be left on unless your therapist advises that you are allowed to remove it for a specific treatment.
The health and safety of my clients is paramount, and strict hygiene and cleaning procedures are in place to help ensure the well-being of myself and those who I treat. This means that I only see a maximum of 4 clients per day, with a 30 minute break between each client to allow for cleaning, changing of PPE and to stagger clients arriving and leaving. The impact of these procedures means that I am unable to have walk-in or same day clients, and that appointment times are to be strictly adhered to.
To make an appointment you can either call or email or book yourself in online, however all consultation and COVID-19 screening forms need to be completed online before your appointment. Appointments are currently either 30 or 60 minutes. For clients who may need a detailed assessment a 90 minute appointment can be booked which includes 30 minute consultation either via zoom or telephone and 60 minutes face to face time.
After your appointment is booked you will receive a confirmation email with all your appointment details. If you are a new client you will also receive a ‘new client consultation form’ which needs to be fully completed before your appointment. You will also receive a reminder email 2 days before your appointment which will have a COVID-19 screening form on it which needs to be read, signed and submitted before your appointment. No appointment will take place if these forms are not fully completed and signed.
Before you book in for your massage, please read through the procedures and contraindications below to ensure that a booking can take place.
- New clients, those with injuries or health conditions may be required to do a short zoom or telephone triage to determine I am able to treat you. You will need to complete your online consultation form before this assessment takes place so I can read all your health history and determine if a zoom or telephone appointment is needed.
- Contraindications: Please inform me if you fall into any of the following categories:
– Over 70 years old.
– Currently receiving treatment for cancer.
– Experiencing post COVID-19 circulatory complications (deep vein thrombosis, DVT, stroke symptoms or pulmonary embolism).
– Diagnosed with any heart or respiratory conditions.
– Diagnosed with a suppressed immune system.
– Classified obese (BMI over 39).
– Long term steroid use.
- 48 hours before your treatment you will receive an email with a COVID-19 pre-treatment screening form. You will need to read, consent to, and submit this form as soon as you receive it. No treatments will be done without the return of this form.
- No payments are currently being taken in the clinic – they will all be done online via bank transfer or PayPal before the treatment session – this is to reduce contact as much as possible. You will be contacted prior to your session and asked how you would like to pay.
- On the day of the booking, please ensure you are still symptom free. If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 Symptoms on the pre-screening form, cancel your appointment ASAP and do not attend. We can reschedule a booking 14 days later from the onset of any symptoms or your money will be refunded if you prefer.
- On the day of your appointment, please ensure that you:
– Have had a shower and are wearing clean clothes
– Have brought plenty of water with you
– Have your own facial covering (you will be charged £1 if provided with one)
– You are welcome to use the towels provided but if your prefer to use your own please ensure it is freshly cleaned.
- Please leave all unnecessary items either at home or in your car to reduce risk of contamination.
- Wait at the entrance to Body Care and let me know you’ve arrived. I will come down and take your temperature and take your upstairs.
- There is a QR code on the entrance door at Body Care. It is mandatory that all businesses have a QR code but it is not mandatory that you scan in, however, it is advisable if you have downloaded the track and trace app and wish to register your location. Your contact details are kept on your consultation form in line with GDPR regulations and by signing your consent form you agree to your details being given to track and trace if required.
Cancellations, late arrivals and no show policy.
Cancellations: Amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, my cancellation policy has been modified to offer greater flexibility to my clients which I hope will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an attending your appointment. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, and especially if you are not feeling well, I request that you contact me as soon as possible. To further support you, there are currently no penalties or charges for cancellations.
Late Arrivals: It is important that our agreed appointment time and duration is adhered to as thorough cleaning procedures are in place between each booking. I appreciate that sometimes things happen, however I am unable to make up the missed time by overrunning or adding time to subsequent appointments. You will still be charged for the full session
No Shows: If you fail to show up for your appointment and do not contact me before your appointment time you will not be refunded. Please understand that as a self employed therapist and instructor if you do not turn up and fail to inform me I have lost a booking and my income.
Fit for Longer requires the client consent both for processing client data and treatment. The client’s signature on the Consent Form at the end of the client’s online Consultation Form confirms that the client has read and understood our business policy and terms and conditions and that the client:
Consents to information including medical details about the client being processed for the purposes of treatments as a private client.
Consents to treatment by the therapist in attendance.
Consents to having details, which are relevant to the client’s conditions and for which they are seeking treatment, to be shared with client’s GP/consultant or their referring medical agency on request.
Considering COVID-19 you will now receive a COVID-19 Pre-Screening Questionnaire 48 hours before your appointment. We require you to read and sign to consent to not having any COVId-19 symptoms as well as consenting to the following:
- Appropriate personal hygiene and clothing
- Bringing and wearing own facial covering
- The understanding that because massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission including COVID-19. Although all precautions will be put in place to control and reduce the risk of transmission as much as we are able to.
All client information and clinical records will be safeguarded by Fit for Longer and remain confidential. Unless required to do so by law, we will not share, sell, or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Consultations and client treatment details will not be discussed with anyone other than the client unless the client is under the age of 18 or has a care worker or guardian, or you have given consent for your information to be shared with a healthcare or another fitness professional.
Your data is stored online. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as the law requires.
Fit for Longer strictly abides by and adheres to the GDPR 2018, which sets rules for the processing of personal information. It applies to both manual and computer records.
Clients have the right to access information held about them either electronically or in paper format. Clients who wish to obtain this information will need to contact Fit for Longer by email at email@example.com to sign a Release of Medical Records Form.