Please take the time to read through this information carefully.
Please note that by making a booking you are agreeing to Fit for Longer’s Business Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please refer to our Policy and Terms and Conditions of Business below to help you understand how Fit for Longer will be operating in the current climate of COVID-19.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, new procedures have been put in place for fitness instructors, personal trainers and massage therapists in order to help reduce the risk of catching or spreading COVID-19.
Current government guidelines for the above professions stipulate that certain procedures such providing cleaning materials for clients, the wearing of PPE by staff, regular cleaning of equipment and surfaces, staggering arrival and departure of clients and keeping a safe distance where feasible for is good practice and is required by the government, various governing bodies and insurance companies of the above professions to allow them to continue to trade safely.
Sports Massage Bookings
For massage therapists who are considered ‘ close contact services’, PPE must be worn. Currently, it is mandatory for massage therapists to wear a visor or goggles, gloves, an IIR mask and apron. Clients are also required to wear a mask or face covering in the premises where they are having a massage and this must be left on throughout the duration of their treatment.
The health and safety of my clients is paramount, and strict hygiene and cleaning procedures are in place to help ensure my well-being, and the well-being of those I treat. This means that I currently only see a maximum of 5 clients per day, with a 30 minute break between each client to allow for cleaning, changing of PPE and to stagger clients arriving and leaving. The impact of these procedures means that I am unable to have walk-in or same day clients, and that appointment times are to be strictly adhered to.
To make an appointment, you can either call, email or book yourself in online. Appointments are currently either 30, 45 or 60 minutes. For clients who may need a detailed assessment, a 90 minute appointment can be booked which includes a 30 minute consultation either via Zoom or telephone, followed by 60 minutes face to face time.
After your appointment is booked, you will receive a confirmation email with your appointment details. If you are a new client, you will also receive a ‘new client consultation form’ in this email, which needs to be fully completed before your appointment. You will also receive a reminder email 2 days before your appointment. The reminder email will have a COVID-19 screening form on it which needs to be read, signed and submitted before your appointment. Please do not complete the COVID-19 form more than 48 hours before your appointment as this will invalidate it. No appointments can take place if these forms are not fully completed and signed.
Before you book in for your massage, please read through the procedures and contraindications below.
- New clients, and those with injuries or health conditions may be required to do a short Zoom or telephone triage to determine if they can receive treatment. You will need to complete your online consultation form before this triage takes place so I can view your health history.
- Contraindications: Please inform me if you fall into any of the following categories:
– Over 70 years old.
– Currently receiving treatment for cancer.
– Experiencing post COVID-19 circulatory complications (deep vein thrombosis, DVT, stroke symptoms or pulmonary embolism).
– Diagnosed with any heart or respiratory conditions.
– Diagnosed with a suppressed immune system.
– Classified obese (BMI over 39).
– Long term steroid use
– Medically exempt from wearing a face mask/covering.
- 48 hours before your treatment, you will receive an email with a COVID-19 pre-treatment screening form. You will need to read, consent to, and submit this form before your appointment. No treatments will be done without the return of this form.
- No payments are currently being taken in the clinic – they will all be done online via bank transfer before the treatment session – this is to reduce contact as much as possible.
- On the day of the booking, please ensure you are still symptom free. If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms on the pre-screening form, cancel your appointment ASAP and do not attend. We can look at rescheduling a booking when you have been clear of symptoms for 14 days.
- Before you arrive for your appointment please ensure that you:
– Have had a shower and are wearing clean clothes.
– Have brought plenty of water with you.
– Have your own facial covering (you will be charged £1 if provided with a mask).
- Please leave all unnecessary items either at home or in your car to reduce risk of contamination.
- Make your way up to my room inside Body Care and I will take your temperature at my entrance door.
- There is a QR code on the entrance door to my room. It is mandatory that all businesses have a QR code but it is not mandatory that you scan in. However, it is advisable that if you have downloaded the Track & Trace app and wish to register your location, you do so. Your contact details are kept on your consultation form in line with GDPR regulations and by signing your consent form you agree to your details being given to track and trace if required.
Functional Fitness sessions
From 17 May, indoor fitness sessions and sessions in private outdoor gardens are permitted. Social distancing and hygiene measures should still be maintained throughout. Minimal equipment will be used for your session, and will be thoroughly sanitised before and after your session. Fit for Longer is required to make a record of your attendance manually or by using the Fit for Longer QR code.
All payments for massage and exercise sessions need to be received at least 24 hours before your appointment via bank transfer. If payment has not been received the day before your booking you will be sent one text reminder to transfer payment. Bookings may be cancelled if payments are not received at least 24 hours before your scheduled booking time.
Cancellations, late arrivals and no show policy
Cancellations: I require a minimum of 24 hours notice for cancellations. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice will be charged at 50% of the full treatment/session cost. This is because I do not take same day bookings and will be unable to fill the your appointment slot. If you have a long-term health condition that may vary at short notice, please contact me ASAP to discuss your booking.
Late Arrivals: It is important that our agreed appointment time and duration is adhered to, as thorough cleaning procedures are in place between each booking. Due to time limitations and cleaning requirements between each client, I am unable to make up the missed time by overrunning. You will still be charged for the full session
No Shows: If you fail to show up for your appointment and do not contact me before your appointment time, you will not be refunded. Please understand that as a self employed therapist and instructor if you do not turn up and fail to inform me I have lost my income but still need to cover costs.
Fit for Longer requires the client consent to the processing of their client data and treatment. Your signature on the consent form confirms that you have read and understood our business policy and terms and conditions, and that you:
- Consent to information including medical details being processed for the purposes of treatments as a private client.
- Consent to treatment/exercise session by the therapist/instructor in attendance.
- Consent to having details, which are relevant to the your conditions and for which you are seeking treatment, to be shared with your GP/consultant or your referring medical agency on request.
- Understand that because massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission including COVID-19. All precautions will be put in place to control and reduce the risk of transmission as much as we are able to.
Massage clients aged under 18 must by accompanied by a parent or person with parental responsibility and they must consent to the treatment being carried out on the client aged under 18. The parent or person with parental responsibility must sign the consent form and indicate their relationship with the client.
All client information and clinical records will be safeguarded by Fit for Longer and remain confidential. Unless required to do so by law, we will not share, sell, or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Consultations and client treatment details will not be discussed with anyone other than the client, unless the client is under the age of 18 or has a care worker or guardian, or you have given consent for your information to be shared with a healthcare or fitness professional.
Your data is stored online. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as the law requires.
Fit for Longer strictly abides by and adheres to the GDPR 2018, which sets rules for the processing of personal information. It applies to both manual and computer records.
Clients have the right to access information held about them either electronically or in paper format. Clients who wish to obtain this information will need to contact Fit for Longer by email at email@example.com to sign a Release of Medical Records Form.
Fit for Longer will not diagnose, prescribe medication or suggest medical procedures unless they are qualified to do so. You may be recommended for a referral to a health care professional if Fit for Longer feels that you have a health issue or injury that is beyond their scope of expertise, qualifications or knowledge.
Please disclose all health information as requested at our initial consultation and keep me updated and informed of any changes to your health status. This includes all medical conditions; physical and mental, injuries, allergies, and medication you are taking. If necessary, you may need to seek clearance from your doctor before participation in exercise/massage treatment.
Whilst for most people exercise and massage is hugely positive with many health benefits, there remains some risk that I require you to be aware of and for you to sign the informed consent and disclaimer forms before you participate in an exercise or massage session.