Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, new procedures have been put in place for therapists who come into close contact with clients to help reduce the risk of catching or spreading Covid-19. Current government guidelines for massage therapists state that we should wear PPE which consists of a visor, mask, and gloves as minimum, and that clients should wear a mask in the premises they visit. The health and safety of my clients is paramount, and strict hygiene and cleaning procedures are in place to help ensure the well-being of myself and those who I treat.
Before you book in for your massage, please read through the procedures and contraindications below to ensure that a booking can take place.
- New clients, those with injuries or health conditions may be required to do a short telephone assessment before visiting for a face- face session. You will need to complete your online consultation form BEFORE this assessment takes place. Once you have completed your online consultation, you will be advised if a telephone consultation is needed before your face-to-face treatment session.
- Contraindications: Please inform me if you are:
– Over 70 years old
– Currently receiving treatment for cancer
– Experiencing post COVID-19 circulatory complications (deep vein thrombosis, DVT, stroke symptoms or pulmonary embolism)
– Diagnosed with any heart or respiratory conditions
– Diagnosed with a suppressed immune system
– Classified obese (BMI over 39)
- 48 hours before your treatment you will receive an email with a COVID-19 pre-treatment screening form. You will need to read, consent to, and submit this form as soon as you receive it. No treatments will be done without the return of this form.
- No payments are currently being taken in the clinic and will all be done online via bank transfer or PayPal before the treatment session. You will be contacted prior to your session and asked how you would like to pay. Please note that treatments need to be paid at least 24 hours before the booking otherwise they will be cancelled.
- On the day of the booking, please ensure you are still symptom free. If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 Symptoms on the pre-screening form, cancel your appointment and do not attend. We can reschedule a booking 14 days later from the onset of any symptoms.
- On the day of your appointment, please ensure that you:
– Have had a shower and are wearing clean clothes
– Have brought plenty of water with you
– Have your own facial covering (you will be charged £1 if provided with one)
– If bringing your own towel, please ensure it is freshly cleaned.
Cancellations & Late Arrivals Policy
Cancellations: Amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, my cancellation policy has been modified to offer greater flexibility to all my clients. I hope this will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an upcoming appointment. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, and especially if you are not feeling well, I understand and request you to contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. To further support you, there will be no penalties or charges for cancellations.
Late Arrivals: It is important that our agreed appointment time and duration is adhered to as thorough cleaning procedures are in place between each booking. I appreciate that sometimes things happen, and you may arrive a little later or need to leave a bit earlier than planned, however I am unable to make up the missed time by overrunning or adding time to subsequent appointments. You will still be charged for the full session.